Tuesday, March 23, 2010

WHITE CHICKEN CHILI

Jennifer E.

2 cans Great Northern White beans
1 can Hominy (fancy white corn)
2 cans chopped chili's (I use mild)
4-5 cloves of garlic (finely chopped, I put in a processor so I don't have to get my hands smelly and I tend to use even more, the longer you cook it the more mild the garlic will become)
1/2 onion (finely diced)
2 T cumin seed (not the powder)
1 T lime juice
2 large cooked chicken breasts (diced small and cooked in little olive oil with 1 T cumin seed, 1 finely chopped garlic clove, 1 T finely diced onion - drain on paper towel before putting in slow cooker)

Put in the slow cooker on high for 4-5 hrs. Salt and pepper to taste before serving. I didn't add any extra seasonings in mine. Suggested serving method, stir in sour cream (I don't do this, but it's also good), top with cheddar cheese, and scoop with tortilla chips (this adds extra salt)

You can cook the chicken and chop the onions/garlic the night before and keep refrigerated for fast prep. Enjoy!

Note: Buy the cumin seed from the international section in the bag - much, much cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment